_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Trying to figure out a Healthy Diet Plan?

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Trying to figure out a Healthy Diet Plan?

If you are like me, you have probably tried every diet plan imaginable or at least it seems that way.  I have really enjoyed, for the most part,  my time with The Fresh Diet, but it is going to end soon.  Now I need to find something that will keep me going on my journey that I can afford with a family to take care of as well.

I happened to stumble upon this guide in EatingWell.com's website that I think just might work for me and you. 

But First Things First.  You need to decide what calorie range you need to be at to lose between 1 and 2 pounds per week - since that is the healthy way to loss weight.  Granted if you haven't been dieting you may lose more than that for the first few weeks but then it will slow and that's what you want.

Once you know what your calorie level should be, Eating Well has come up with a sample 7 day menu for some of the "popular" levels:

1200 calories per day

1400 calories per day

1600 calories per day

1800 calories per day

2000 calories per day

Don't forget to check out all 7 days and the recipes that they also provide.  I bet you could find all kinds of combinations from these sample menus to go for weeks if not months without getting bored.  What I really like is that all the recipes, that I've checked out so far, give the nutritional stats so you can mix and match something from the 1600 calorie range and use it in the 1200 calorie range day by adjusting your other items.

They also offer a 28 day program ... and at the bottom of the page you can find links to all kinds of  recipe options for 500 calories or less, options for pork, fish, chicken, beef even for those of us who are vegetarians!  See I told you endless ideas and suggestions.

I'm thinking this is where I will start.  That and probably some of the Hungry Girl recipes and Taste of  Home Comfort Food DIET Cookbook  (I do seem to have a few cookbooks with "diets" in mind).  See I have been looking towards the future so I don't have to stop cooking and eating well while on a diet.

No comments: