_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: My Fresh Diet meals from Tuesday May 31st

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Fresh Diet meals from Tuesday May 31st

It was really nice to see my little buddy sitting outside my door early in the morning.  My great Fresh Diet delivery person (Hi Owen) had left my TFD bag sitting right outside my kitchen door.  Not only does he bring me my little buddy with my meals for the day - he takes such good care of me and my buddy.  He is just so sweet!


Breakfast was Cinnamon Swirl Multi-Grain French Toast with Fresh Apples and Blackberry Ricotta Cheese.  This was a new item for me and I have to say it was pretty darned good.  Since I had increased my calorie range to 1600 - 1800calories per day, I received almost 3 halves of the toast.  The Apples were exceptionally good this time.  They were nicely firm, almost like a mix of apple and pear, and they had not turned brown as they usually do once they are cut.  I really need to find out what kind of apples these were - I want more!  I so love the flavored Ricotta Cheese ...... I WILL figure out how to make this.


Lunch was a Tuna Burger on Whole Wheat Bun with Cucumber and Avocado Salsa.  This was an interesting burger - I really just wish they had a real Whole Wheat Bun and not a bun made with "Enriched Wheat Flour" which if you have done any reading about flours you know that this really isn't whole wheat and therefore doesn't have the benefits of whole wheat.  I do love Avocado Salsa.


My snack for the day was a Low Fat Passion Fruit Yogurt Mousse.  This was exceptionally firm so it was easy (ok reasonably easy) to slip this one out of the container to plate.  It did have a grainier texture than a regular mousse but the flavor was very intense and I did enjoy it.  I believe I have had this before, and wasn't terribly enthused about it - this time however it was great.


Dinner was Roasted Pork Loin with Pineapple Mango Chutney with Roasted Bell Peppers and Roasted Fennel.  I have had this before, and it was rather tender despite the thick slice.  I liked the combination of bell peppers and fennel that were roasted ...... they had the same textures but the flavors came out much better this way.  I think they complemented each other very well.  The Pineapple Mango Chutney was sooo good.  I really need to find out how to make the chutneys and sauces from The Fresh Diet.  I can't say that I like all of them, but I bet its probably close to 90% of them.

Rumor has it they are going to come out with their cookbook sometime this year ......... it will be worth the price of the book just for the chutney and sauce recipes!


Dessert was Apple Cinnamon Cheese Cake ...... what can I say?  Cheese Cake?  Was very good, nice flavor without being overbearing with either flavor.  I was so tired by the time I was ready for dessert (I had finished planting all the herbs and flowers and seeds I have for the deck) I forgot to take a picture.  I even looked to see if I had one from one of my other deliveries ...... nope sorry.  Trust me it was good.

 If you are ready, give them a call at 1-866-FRESH50 and tell them that I sent you (or you could just give them my referral code - K2M4T) - Sales and Customer Service ROCKS!  And if you are looking for some great support ....... check out The Fresh Diet Facebook Page - we are one big happy (well most of the time) family.  And they have some awesome contests that the Fearless Leader likes to run.

No comments: