_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Monday's The Fresh Diet Meals

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Monday's The Fresh Diet Meals

After being away from my Fresh Diet meals for a week while in Atlantic City, I was so happy to see my little buddy sitting outside my door.


Breakfast of Monday was Apple Ricotta Cheese Crepes with Fresh Strawberries.  I really do enjoy these even though I find they are not as filling as some of the other options.  These unfortunately were even less filling than usual.  Between the 3 crepes in my breakfast container, IF there was 1 TABLESPOON of Ricotta Cheese, that was a lot.  There was no apple or even apple flavor in the filling at all.  They say to heat these for 30 - 45 seconds, but I ate them "cool".  I actually like them better "cool" although I have had them heated on more than one occasion.  The flower was the little "present" that we sometimes receive on Monday mornings - very pretty.  The flower usually lasts a few days sitting on top of the stones in my bamboo planter in my kitchen.  Brings a smile to my face each time I see it.


Lunch was the Philly Cheese Steak Whole Wheat Wrap with Sauteed Bell Pepper and Mozzarella Cheese.   This was rather interesting, as it was on a "green" wrap - which I "assume" was a spinach wrap.  It was also much smaller than normal.  The menu says to heat this for 1 - 1:20 minutes, but  I have found that most of the wraps have a wonderful flavor if you have the ability to heat them on a grill or panini pan.  This particular wrap was more wrap than anything else, but then after my breakfast crepes (they looked like mini wraps didn't they?) I wasn't totally surprised when I cut my "mini" cheese steak wrap in half.


The snack was White Chocolate Chip Cappuccino Cheese Cake - minus any chips.  Although it was falling apart, it was a nice treat for the afternoon.  That and I was starving by 3PM.


Dinner was Donna's Turkey Meatloaf with Baby Farmer Carrots and Whole Wheat Linguine Pasta.  Once again I had to finish cooking this entree before I could actually eat it.  There was not much to "hold it together" as I assume there was not a bread crumb or oats to be found.  Not much in the way of anything but turkey in this meatloaf with a little tomato sauce over the top.  I really wish they would cook this in muffin tin - we know they have these tins - so that it would actually stay together and perhaps have those nice "crunchies" that a true meatloaf lover loves to have - the end pieces for everyone!  Because mine was rather "raw" looking when I opened the container - I cooked mine on a grill pan and got a little bit of "crunchies" that added flavor.  I am assuming the carrots were steamed without any seasonings.  The Linguine Pasta was cooked well - just this side of al dente with someone finding the salt for the cooking water.


Dessert was Strawberry Vanilla Pudding.  I forgot to take a picture of this one - so I'm showing you one I had taken back in February when I got this last.  Sorry its not in a pretty cup - February is tax time - I'm lucky to eat and sleep then.    It's one of the few things that hasn't been played with.

All in all, I have become very disappointed with the preparation of the NY kitchen.  I have seen meals prepared by other kitchens (CA and TX have some fantastic looking meals posted on the Facebook page) this year that remind me of the meals NY use to prepare.   For my remaining time on The Fresh Diet, I really wish they would find the love/pride/joy/whatever it was that they had last year, so that I can end my subscription on a high note.  I really don't know if that will happen, but I am keeping an open mind and thinking "happy thoughts" and sending "good vibes" their way

No comments: