_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Day that will forever live in Infamy

Friday, December 7, 2012

The Day that will forever live in Infamy


I had originally thought about a different post for today but realized just what December 7th was, and just knew it would not have been appropriate.

There are just some days that need to stand on their own.
There are just some days that are THAT important.



I remember when I was in college and went to Hawaii on a self sponsored graduation gift, I had certain places I wanted to see.  Some places that were MUST sees and then some if time allows. 


One of the first places I wanted to go, one of the MUST sees, was to Pearl Harbor. 
I wanted to visit the Arizona. 
When we walked up the steps to the memorial, even as hot as it was out in the water, I felt a chill.  It was almost as if you could feel the lost lives of these 1,102 brave men still at rest with their ship.



God bless the souls of these men.
God bless all men and women who serve, and have served to keep us safe in this Land of the Free.

Do you agree?
Is this an important day in history?
Have you been to the USS Arizon Memorial?  What did you feel when you were there? 
How about now, since you have been there?

4 comments:

Middle-aged Diva (Carol) said...

It's good to remember and say a prayer.

Jennifer Comet Wagner said...

I don't think many of us that weren't alive then really understood what it must have felt like until 9/11. That was the first time most of us experienced a strike on our own soil.

Shelley Zurek -- Still Blonde after all these YEARS said...

The only time that I went to Hawaii I did not go to the memorial. I think I was to young and stupid. I regreat that very much. Trust me, I will to if I return.

Grace Hodgin said...

I have not gone to Hawaii to see this. My father was in the service during this time period and he use to tell us about it. It was a horrible event and such a waste of lives as most acts of war.