This is one way to "easily" pick the right battles, or should I say not pick that battle.
I can make these and stick a few in the freezer for those .. I'm late moments.
- 2 English muffins
- ¾ cup liquid egg whites
- 2 slices desired cheese
- 2 pieces desired breakfast meat (Canadian bacon, sausage, bacon)
- Cut muffins in half and toast them in toaster, or at 350° F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Pour egg whites into Microwave Breakfast Maker and microwave at 70% power 3–4 minutes or until egg white is cooked through. (If using two Microwave Breakfast Makers at once, cook four minutes.)
- Allow both muffin(s) and egg whites to cool.
- Cut one egg white in half and place on half of English muffin.
- Add cheese and meat, then top with remaining muffin half. Repeat for each sandwich.
- Place in Freeze It™ container until needed (up to one month).
- Place sandwiches in Microwave Breakfast Maker and cover.
- Microwave on high power two minutes, flip and microwave on high power one minute longer.
- Remove sandwiches from Microwave Breakfast Maker to towel to absorb any excess moisture.
- Serve immediately.
I am going to try making a few with the English Muffins as noted here and then a few with some biscuits and see if he likes those better. It can be our "test case" for the recipe and the Tupperware pieces. I love making him the guinea pig without him knowing.
He did like them when I made them with whole eggs last year .. so now I can see if egg white sandwiches will work.