Cause really everything tastes better with MORE right?
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup softened butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. cold water
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In Thatsa® Medium Bowl, mix sugar, butter, salt and espresso powder using spatula, until well combined.
- Add egg, water, vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add flour, cocoa powder and mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Scoop dough using a teaspoon and place on Silicone Wonder® Mat, placed on baking sheet.
- Flatten dough using the bottom of a Snack Cup. Repeat process until all dough is used up.
- Bake for 15 minutes; allow cookies to cool before removing from Silicone Wonder® Mat.
- Place shortening in base of Power Chef® System fitted with paddle attachment, replace cover and pull cord until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, ½-cup at a time, until mixture is well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients, replace cover and pull cord until mixture is smooth.
To assemble cookies
- Place 1 tsp. filling in center of cookie and place another cookie on top.
- Squeeze to distribute the filling evenly.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Store in airtight container.
Now if you were going to make these more like whoopie pies, you would probably need more than a teaspoon of cookie dough and filling, I'm thinking more like a tablespoon of each, but it would be a fun experiment.
Remember you get to eat anything that doesn't turn out "perfect".
Need any of the Tupperware products mentioned above? Check them out on my Tupperware Site ... its open any time of day or night! Have a question? Just ask, I'm here.