_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Monday Monday

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Monday Monday

I know I am a little behind here - I was going to post this on Tuesday morning but life seems to have gotten in the way again.  Sorry about that.  But I have to say, having The Fresh Diet delivered to my home made my eating meals on Monday so much easier for me - and no fast food stops along the way!  Thank you Chef Yos for your awesome meals.

It had been awhile since I've had a delivery, but when I came down to make the coffee, there outside my door was a bright green buddy waiting for me.  It was so nice to see him sitting there.  I just knew at least meals were out of my hands for the day and I could concentrate on other things.


Breakfast was Creamy Banana Nut Oatmeal.  As had been the case when I had another oatmeal from The Fresh Diet, I added some milk (probably 2 TBSP max - no I didn't measure) and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  I do have to say that this was again a wonderful.  Even with the added milk (which I mixed in after the picture) it was still very thick but creamy.  And filling - very filling. 


Lunch was Asian Style Chicken Salad with Baby Bok Choy, Watercress, Alfalfa Sprouts, Water Chestnuts and Sesame Soy Dressing.   This salad, although on a dinner plate, was not as overflowing as the other salads I have had from The Fresh Diet, nor did it fill me up as much.  I won't say that I didn't like this one - but it is definitely NOT my favorite.  Perhaps it was because there was so little protein (chicken) in my salad this time.  I guess the "greens" just aren't as long lasting filling as the other salads have been.


I needed my snack so much earlier than ever so when I opened my container and found a blueberry muffin, I was happy to see it there.  This muffin was very very moist and tasty.  Perhaps it was because I was so hungry (very unusual for me while eating The Fresh Diet way) but this was perfect.  I did have this with a nice mug of tea so between the two I was set until dinner without any "grumbling".


Dinner was Citrus Marinated Beef Stir-Fry with Black Barley Pilaf and Oven Roasted Roma Tomato.  I have to say I was a little disappointed in this one.  The beef, although still tender, was rather "well done" - now was it because of the marinade, I'm not sure.  The Black Barley Pilaf .... was just Barley.  Now when I've had Pilaf before it had spices and veggies in it.  This one was very bland and just barley, that was very al dente.  The roasted tomato was really different.  I'm not exactly sure why, but I really did enjoy this more than I've ever before (and I've made these many times myself - Jersey tomatoes are THE best)


Dessert was Chocolate Dipped Strawberries with Creamy Vanilla Ricotta Cheese.  I have had this one before and thought it was a decedent dessert.  Perhaps that was part of the reason I was disappointed with this serving.  Instead of 2 strawberries - it was only 1.  Perhaps if it had been a whole strawberry it would have been better, but it was 1 strawberry that was cut in half and then dipped (at least that is what it looked like).  Strawberries are somewhat delicate and once they are cut they start to over-soften and "macerate" - which made the chocolate come away from the strawberry. 

I have to say that this was not one of my better day of choices.  Perhaps it was just an off day for the NY kitchen because this was the first day of 15 that I wasn't extremely happy with my delivery.  It was nice to have everything here and ready when I needed it, because my day was not easy, but I am glad that it was not my first delivery.  I will give this day a pass because I KNOW the kitchen and The Fresh Diet is so much better than this day showed.

While you are here you really should check out Chef Yos talking about Thanksgiving meals on YouTube - yes he is a star!  And if you want to win 31 days of The Fresh Diet delivered to your home ...... check out ScaryMommy - hurry you only have until Sunday to enter.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm so dissappointed that they don't serve Michigan yet!

xoxo

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

YOU need to go to their facebook page and "like" them. And sign up for their emails. Then you need to ask the fearless facebook leader when or if they are coming to Michigan - I know there is a huge increase coming in 2011 but I don't know where all the kitchens are going to be.