_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Quote of the Day

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Quote of the Day

I was checking my Sparks Page at Sparkpeople.com (yeah I have LOTS of places to check each day - its almost a full time job! now if I could get it to pay like a full time job . . . ) and I was hit with a wonderful quote of the day.

This quote is from Bill Cosby - you remember him don't you? A wonderful teacher, actor, comedian..... I love his shpeel on Child Birth - but that's another story. Anyway this is just perfect - especially for the start of a new year.

I don't know the KEY to SUCCESS,
BUT the KEY to FAILURE is trying to please EVERYONE.

So for the start of 2009 - we need to take this to heart. If we need, no strike that, MUST stop trying to make everyone happy - we NEED to make ourselves happy (no that doesn't mean mortgaging your life to the hilt) so that everyone else will end up being happy when we are successful in whatever we do.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Hmm, since at 41 I'm still trying to please my parents half the time, this is good advice!

Anonymous said...

This is my '09 motto!