_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: OK Weight loss FACTS

Saturday, January 3, 2009

OK Weight loss FACTS

Reader's Digest. com January book got me. On the cover proclaims there are 13 things that NO ONE ever tells you about weight loss. So of course I had to buy this one.

In a nutshell - here it is:

Fascinating facts behind the new fat-busting science.....yeah it is a science (and one heck of an industry)

1) It REALLY is Genetic
2) Some people just have MORE fat cells
3) You CAN change your Metabolism
4) Stress FATTENS you up
5) Mom's Pregnancy SEALED your Fate
6) Sleep MORE, lose MORE
7) Your SPOUSE'S weight MATTERS
8) A VIRUS CAN cause Obesity
9) Cookies really ARE ADDICTIVE
10) Ear Infections CAN Taint your Taste Buds
11) Antioxidants are Also ANTI-FAT
12) Pick a diet - ANY diet
13) You Can Be fat AND fit.


Lets see, I can blame it all on my mom and work and lack of sleep ...... see I just knew it wasn't my fault.

No seriously - you should go read the entire article - but it did make me feel better about all the things I've been doing. I really did know many of the things that were outlined in this article, but its nice to see it validated in print.

7 comments:

Pam said...

My friend struggles with her weight and she gets so frustrated because (she is possibly the healthiest eater that I know) she just can't seem to get 'skinny'. She is an amazing person and a wonderful friend and I know that is what matters most, but she wants to see someone she thinks is hot when she looks in the mirror (stupid media and hollywood making normal woman feel fat!). I am going to share this with her!

Mrs. Aleisha Brixius said...

Pam (who posted above) sent me your link. It's just so frustrating when you work and work and work and you get no results. Thanks for sharing this helped me.

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I'm glad it helped. Sometimes you just need to shake things up and do something different (or the same things but in a different way) to make the body sit up and take notice.

Mimi said...

Ha! Most of mine is due to stress. Well that and the yummy taste of carbs!

wendy said...

I'm taking #9 and plan to live by it. That's a plan, isn't it? Actually, it's a modification of #12...

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I'm thinking that's a plan but not one that will give you the results you want - unless its a mega carb diet to gain weight! But hey if it works for you........

Malisa said...

Thanks so much for sharing these facts! I am going to read the entire article. I am determined to get healthier and thinner this year!

Malisa