_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Fresh Diet Meals

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fresh Diet Meals

I don't know if you've been missing my daily posts of my meals from The Fresh Diet, but I have missed posting them.  Even though I hadn't been doing posts I was still taking pictures, still trying to decide which meals I liked, which ones I loved, which were ok and which would be better not gracing my little buddy again.

So without further ado, I'm going to share a few of the meals I've had lately.

How about the Cape-cod wrap with spinach, smoked turkey, caramelized  red onion and cranberry relish


Or White Albacore Tuna Salad with Baby Lettuce on Spinach Tortilla


Here was an Orzo Salad that is part of the new menu options - for me it was a pass.  I have been told that the first time it was offered it was different and much better.  Hopefully they will go back to the "original" of this salad.


How about an Angus Beef Burger?  Everyone was hitting "The King" for lunch one day and I just smiled and had my Burger and didn't feel like I had failed ....... I felt like I cheated and was pretty proud of it!



And who says you have to give up pizza when you are on a diet?  Certainly not The Fresh Diet.  They have some great options here too.  How about Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomato?  Before TFD I wouldn't have thought of this but it was really good.



Or a snack of Turkey Taco with Sour Cream, Cheddar Cheese and Salsa on a mini corn tortilla.  I had to fight off one of the girls in the office who is doing Weight Watchers with this one ...



Filo Cup Stuffed with Guacamole, Black Beans and Corn.  These were so cute and  really good, could have been a little spicier ... you know with a little salsa, but hey I still enjoyed them - really hit the spot and will be on my list of "pick me" items.






And cookies?  Oh so good ... almost makes you feel like you are cheating - 2 cookies and good sized cookies at that on a diet?  Yes it is possible.  These are Lemon Zest Tea Cookies.  Sometimes the zest is on top and other times its "part of the cookie".  Either way these are really good.  I love that they are nice and soft but still have a chewy texture. 


Now these were just my way of trying to make myself feel special after a horrible day.  I put my Vanilla Pecan Pudding in these cute little cups (long ago somebody brought these as part of a dessert tray).  It really did make me feel better and really hit the spot.  Because they were in 2 cups, I was able to make these into 2 snacks ....... so that day I got 3 "legal" snacks.  See I really was able to make myself feel special ........


And just in case you aren't a breakfast person - no I wasn't before TFD either - they really do make breakfast an event. How about some Roasted Poblano Pico de Gallo Omelet with Queso Blanco and Whole Wheat Toast for breakfast?


Or one of my favorites from the "new" menu options The Ham & Asparagus Strata with Whole Wheat Bread.  Let me tell you THIS is a keeper for sure.


I have to say this is a great breakfast item.  Although this was the breakfast I had on May 5th and the "plating" was so appropriate for Cincho de Mayo ... I always do the plating of this dish this way - makes it seem even more special.  Granola and yogurt or Granola and ricotta cheese with fruit is a wonderful way to start the day.  And yes it is surprisingly very filling


Here is another surprisingly filling breakfast - Italian Style Scrambled Eggs with Herbs, Diced Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese with Whole Wheat Toast.  I have to say that I really enjoyed this one and was surprised that I wasn't starving by lunchtime.  You really should try this if you haven't already.

Peanut Butter Muffin with Honeydew melon and Yogurt.  I love all the muffins that are offered.  They really are surprisingly filling - even though at times they are small - but I'm sure its the whole wheat and sometimes oats that help with the filling feeling.  I haven't had one in about a month - I'm thinking I have to go change my menu options to add one soon.


And strawberry stuffed french toast is another favorite.  They have an apple stuffed french toast too that I really like - gonna have to look for these options.  I've been doing a lot of eggs lately .... might night to revisit my options again.


Now you see that being on a diet is NOT eating cardboard.  It is NOT eating out of paper cartons or powdered drinks ..... you really can eat REAL food and be happy while the weight continues to drop. 

I will get back to posting every day, I promise.  I do enjoy filling you in on my options and now that things have calmed down I have no excuse for not doing so.  I promise I will start letting you see my world of food so that you can decide that The Fresh Diet IS the way to go.  If you are ready, give them a call at 1-866-FRESH50 and tell them I sent you - Sales and Customer Service ROCKS!  And if you are looking for some great support ....... check out The Fresh Diet Facebook Page - we are one big happy (well most of the time) family.  And they have some awesome contests that the Fearless Leader likes to run.

Stay tuned for today's meals coming to my page in the morning.

No comments: