_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: A Teacher's Composure.....

Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Teacher's Composure.....

A teacher is explaining biology to her 4th grade students. 'Human beings are the only animals that stutter,' she said.

A little girl raises her hand. 'I had a kitty-cat who stuttered.'

The teacher, knowing how precious some of these stories could become, asked the girl to describe the incident.

'Well', she began, 'I was in the back yard with my kitty and the Rottweiler that lives next door got a running start and before we knew it, he jumped over the fence into our yard!'

'That must've been scary,' said the teacher.

'It sure was,' said the little girl. 'My kitty raised her back, went Sssss, Sssss, Sssss' and before she could say 'Shit!', the Rottweiler ate her!

The teacher had to leave the room.

I sure don't think I would have had enough composure to have left the room FIRST ..... must be something you learn while earning your teacher's degree - either that or its in the "teacher's handbook". I truly would have lost it :)

2 comments:

Lana@The Kids Did WHAT?! said...

Oh my goodness. That is priceless!!

Pam said...

It comes with experience :) Trust me- there have been a few times I had to 'hide' behind a book or piece of paper- I have also suddenly had to look for something behind my desk so that the students didn't see me laughing. Kids can be quite entertaining!