_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Body Media FIT

Monday, March 14, 2011

Body Media FIT

I have a new "toy" to help me move towards my goal of weight loss.  And so far its been very interesting to see what happens each day.

Its a Body Media FIT armband that I wear almost 24/7.  I actually only take it off to shower and upload my data.

Has anyone else used this?  If so, what did you think?

One of the things that I have read in a number of places, is that not only is diet and exercise important but so is sleep - and not just any sleep, but good quality sleep.  This little gem measures good quality sleep as well.  I can see that I don't get enough of the good sleep (well ok right now I don't get enough sleep period but this too will pass)

It also tells me how many steps I have taken ........ and it seems to be more reliable than the pedometers I have had in the past.

I am going to use this in conjunction with my Fresh Diet experience so I don't need to calculate my calories for each meal - I will just "assume" that I am getting the calories that TFD tells me I have each day and use the BodyMedia as another tool to help me figure out what I am burning and how well I am truly sleeping.

I got mine at Costco's on a "special" that included 1 year of monitoring.  I will see how it goes over the course of 6 months to a year and then decide if I want to renew - but so far I have been rather impressed.

No comments: