_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: What's for dinner

Saturday, May 16, 2009

What's for dinner

Well it is Saturday night (usually pizza night) but I was SO NOT looking forward to pizza. Of course everyone (almost everyone) came home for dinner tonight. I'm standing in front of the refridge thinking WHAT am I going to throw together that will be quick, tasty and doesn't include pizza.

Hubby was easy (although he's not home yet) I found 5 sweet sausages I had put in the freezer about 2 weeks ago since I didn't make them as a quick meal. While I was browning the sausages, I chopped up an onion and a red pepper. Once the sausages were browned I added the onion and peppers and about 1/3 cup of water and covered, lowering heat to medium low.

Now the kids are never easy when I want to change things around. I had a rotisserie chicken that I didn't use from Wednesday night when it hit me - Chicken Linguine Alfredo. I got to use my favorite new pasta - Fiber Gourmet (130 cal and 18 or so grams of fiber).

Now I still have leftovers - which was surprising but I may have this for lunch tomorrow if the garage "project" takes over most of the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that sounds great! we had rotisserie chicken and corn on the cob and fresh broccoli and sweet baby cucumber pickles and sliced tomato and garlic bread... i love it when a meal just spontaneously comes to gether!

lynette355 said...

lol sounds like my fridge right now
full of left overs
need to get them eaten

but i did get my big freezer rearranged last night