_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Salad with Summer Squash

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Salad with Summer Squash

I know you have seen the zoodle recipes that are all over Pinterest.
I know I've thought it was going to be a fad that wouldn't last.  
But I guess I was wrong judging by the number recipes you can find.

Here is one from the Tupperware site, using my beloved Mandoline, that I may just be making this with some of our garden treasures.




Yield: 1
Serving Size: 8 oz.

Ingredients
  • 1 large zucchini, ends trimmed
  • 1 large yellow squash, ends trimmed
  • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled
  • ¼ cup fresh cilantro
  • ¼ of small red onion, peeled
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 1 tsp. poppy seeds, toasted

Instructions
  1. Using the Mandoline with round knob at #2 and the triangular knob at #6, slice thin strips of zucchini and squash. 
  2. Transfer vegetables to large bowl and toss with ¼ tsp. of salt. Let stand 10 minutes; drain liquid.
  3. In the bowl of the Chop ’N Prep™ Chef, add lemon juice, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, cilantro, red onion, honey and remaining salt. 
  4. Pour over vegetables and gently toss to coat.
  5. Refrigerate 20 minutes. 
  6. Sprinkle with poppy seeds before serving.

Who knows, this could become a vegetable that my family might actually ask for.

No comments: