As you may know (I think I told you here) that I am going through all the magazines I have "accumulated" to cute out the stuff I want to save and recycle the rest. Anyway here's one I found that I love cause I ALWAYS have baking soda around
1) Puts out grease fires. Scatter baking soda over fire by the handfuls to extinguish flame.
2) Absorb Odors. Use in your refrigerator, freezer, basement, make a sachet for your car - a whole lot less expensive than some of those car air fresheners they sell.
3) Clean your dishwasher and coffeemaker by running an empty cycle with baking soda added
4) Home Spa Treatment. Add 1/2 cup to your bath.
5) Polish Jewelry. Make a paste with water and baking soda - safe for silver and gold
6) Add to kitty litter. Put baking soda in bottom of litter box, cover with litter - minimum smells
7) Bug bites, Sunburn & Poison Ivy. Instant relief - mix baking soda with water to make a paste and apply to sore.
8) Fluffier omelet - add 1/2 teaspoon for every 3 eggs
9) Unclog a drain. 1 cup baking soda poured into drain. Add 1 cup hot vinegar to quickly unclog drain.
10) Fight dandruff. Instead of shampoo for a few weeks, massage your wet scalp with a handful of baking soda. Rinse and let dry.
11) Gargle with baking soda and water or use it as a mouthwash.
12) Soak toothbrushes in 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup water. Let sit overnight.
13) Make your own kitty litter. Mix 1 small box of baking soda with 3 inches of sandy clay.
14) Brush your pets teeth (and yours - just don't use the same brush :D)
15) Scatter baking soda on icy sidewalks - its not as corrosive as salt
16) Discourage weeds - sprinkle baking soda into cracks in your driveway and sidewalks.
17) Surround dog food bowls with baking soda to keep pests away
18) Use baking soda to scrub the sink and tub.
19) Create your own antacid. Mix 1/2 teaspoon with 1/2 cup of water.
20) Clean the toilet. Add 1/4 cup baking soda to bowl, swirl and scrub.