He is definitely a Sausage, Peppers and Onion kind of guy.
How about you?
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage Links, cut into pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup beer
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- In the base of the Microwave Pressure Cooker place sausage, peppers, and onion.
- In a medium bowl (Thatsa bowl is perfect) stir together beer, stock, mustard, corn starch, and salt.
- Pour over sausage and peppers, stir to combine.
- Secure cover onto base. Microwave on high power 10 minutes.
- Remove from microwave. Let stand 10 minutes or until pressure indicator valve is in the down position.
- Serve with rice, pasta, potatoes, creamy polenta, or on a bun.
Personally I would have done a quick brown of the sausage, before cutting into pieces and putting into pressure cooker. It would have given a better presentation and probably added an additional depth of flavor to the "sauce". But you can do as directed above or add that browning step ... its' your kitchen you have the control.
Hope you enjoy this one.
Let me know if you try it and what you think.
If you need any of the Tupperware pieces mentioned, hop on over to my Tupperware Site and you could be making this one very very soon!