I know when I was single, or even know as there are many nights it is just hubby and I for dinner, I hate the thought of making some recipes just because I don't want to be eating it for weeks on end. This would be perfect, because it is made for 4 servings, not 14.
Serving Size: 6 oz.
- 6 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 1 (2–3 lb.) whole chicken
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, thyme, sage, rosemary, garlic, and salt.
- Rub 2 tbsp. of butter mixture over chicken skin.
- Rub remaining butter under the skin and inside the chicken cavity.
- Place chicken in an UltraPro roasting pan, breast side up.
- Microwave on high power 17 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, baste chicken with pan drippings; transfer pan to oven.
- Bake 17 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature registers 160° F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The different sizes makes them ideal for all kinds of items.
It is great for the Microwave, but it is also great in the oven.
This makes for some quick but very tasty meals using the tandem cooking of microwave and oven.