I really need to try this one very soon.
Lots of great Autumn veggies and rice ... perfect together.
Perfect for those who love rice and hardy Fall vegetables.
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsnip, chopped
- 1/4 cup butternut squash, chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
- In the base of the Microwave Rice Maker add water, salt, rice, carrot, parsnip, and butternut squash; stir to combine.
- Microwave on high heat 5 minutes.
- Continue to microwave at 50% power 10 minutes more.
- Remove from microwave, let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer rice and vegetables to a large bowl, fluff with fork.
- Meanwhile in the MicroPitcher add butter, cream, garlic, and thyme.
- Microwave on high power, 30 seconds, or until butter has melted.
- Pour butter mixture over rice; toss to coat.
- Serve warm.