I love having gifts at the ready for when I'm going to someone's house for the first time.
These make great housewarming gifts, teacher gifts, your mail person ... or just for you to have when the "need" arises for some cookies fresh out of the oven.
Yield: 25 cookies
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. table salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Layer ingredients in order listed in Spaghetti Dispenser.
- Seal until ready to bake or gift.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour contents of Spaghetti Dispenser into medium bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in melted butter and egg.
- Stir until dough comes together.
- Press dough into balls, about 2 tbsp. and place on cookie sheet lined with Silicone Wonder® Mat.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until lightly browned and just beginning to set.
- Let cool slightly and remove from baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
I'm going to put together a few for my pantry, for those winter weekends when you really don't want to go out in the super cold but would rather sit by the fire with a cup of cocoa and a cookie. Sounds like a great plan right? Cowboy Cookies are a real treat.