If you had picked up the lunch it containers (my idea of DIY bento boxes) I think these would work well with these in the bigger section and two nice sections for "dips". A nice vanilla cinnamon cream cheese or a chocolate cream cheese blend would be really nice.
One of the things I really like is that with just four simple ingredients, you can make the perfect easy-to-eat treat that satisfies each and every taste bud without spending a lot of time in the kitchen or adding a ton of "artificial" things that many pre-made snacks have.
Makes about 16 sticks
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning Blend
- 1 medium green apple, peeled and cored
- 1 9″ prepared pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine sugar and Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning Blend in a small bowl.
- Assemble Mandolin™ with circular knob and triangular knob set to #9.
- Using food guard, attach apple and slide down Mandolin to cut sticks.
- Toss apple sticks in Cinnamon-Vanilla Seasoning Blend and sugar mixture.
- Roll out pie dough and slice into 2” strips then cut in half.
- Wrap 2 apple sticks in each individual pie dough strips.
- Toss the wrapped apple sticks in the remaining cinnamon and sugar mixture to coat.
- Place onto baking sheet lined with Silicone Wonder® Mat and bake for 15-18 minutes.
If you like caramel, you could take some caramel, roll it out and cut into strips and put in between the two pieces of apple before wrapping in dough and have caramel apple sticks. Oh yes that does sound good doesn't it?
What do you think?
I bet you could make a vanilla drizzle (powdered sugar and lemon juice or water) to go over these too.
Don't these sound great for school or work snacks/desserts?
What else would you put in these to "jazz" up the apple sticks?
Or what dip would you make to go with these?