I think the Summer months can be the most difficult because of the heat when you don't want to cook anything heavy or that could heat up the house. I know that is my situation. Yes you can use the grill, but sometimes I find that becomes "old" quickly, unless you are a big fan of burgers or steaks. Don't get me wrong we love those too but not every day every week.
Check out these Chicken BBQ Sliders
Serving Size: 2 sliders
- 1 whole chicken, about 3 1/4 lbs.
- 1 cup low-sodium barbeque sauce
- 1 tsp. Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
- 1 package slider buns
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. liquid smoke
- 8 oz. bagged coleslaw mix
- Rinse chicken under cold running water, remove giblets from cavity and discard. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place chicken in the Steamer Base breast side down to achieve even cooking.
- Fill the Water Tray with 1 3/4 cups water.
- Place Steamer Base on Water Tray, cover and microwave on high power for 28-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the breast reaches 165° F.
- Allow chicken to cool, covered in the Steamer Base.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, onion powder, salt, pepper and liquid smoke in a large bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix and stir to combine.
- Once chicken is cool enough to handle, remove chicken from Steamer Base, remove and discard skin and remove meat from the bone, discarding bones.
- Shred meat using fingers or two forks and place in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add barbecue sauce and seasoning blend and bring to a simmer, stirring to combine.
- Spoon chicken onto slider buns.
- Top with coleslaw if desired.
I love my SmartSteamer by Tupperware. I use it all the time for so many things. This is an awesome recipe for any time of year, but for the summer it is awesome. No more heating up the kitchen (and the rest of the house) because most of the cooking is done in the microwave. Now don't be turning up your nose cooking in the microwave...with Tupperware, there are so many things that you can make that unless you tell them, they won't know it is from the microwave.
Check it out on my Tupperware Site.
Have a question? Just ask. I love chatting about my Tupperware.