The artichoke pesto makes enough for this recipe and more for later or for other recipes. I can see this being added to bread for an interesting addition to your sandwich or for an appetizer night.
- 1 lb. fettuccini
- 1 lb. medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups arugula, packed
- ½ cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup pecans
- 14.5-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained with liquid reserved
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced using Zest ’N Press® Gadget
- 1 tbsp. Italian Herb Seasoning
- ½ tsp. coarse kosher salt
- Place pasta in Microwave Pasta Maker and fill with water to maximum fill line.
- Microwave on high power 16 minutes or until al dente.
- When pasta has finished cooking, remove from microwave and add shrimp, pushing down to submerge in pasta water. Cover and allow to rest 5–6 minutes.
- Place arugula, basil, garlic and pecans into base of Power Chef® System fitted with blade attachment. Cover and pull cord several times to finely chop.
- Add remaining pesto ingredients to Power Chef® System, replace cover and pull cord to process until all ingredients are finely chopped and thoroughly combined. If pesto is too thick, add reserved artichoke liquid 1 tbsp. at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Drain pasta and shrimp, reserving pasta water, and place in large bowl. Add 1½ cups pesto to pasta and toss to combine, adding a little reserved pasta water to create a saucy consistency.
Because you can get fresh or frozen or even canned in most places around the country, I think this is a great year round recipe.
If you need any of the Tupperware products mentioned in this recipe, you can check them out on my Tupperware Site. I really love mine because of the fact that it makes things so much easier in my kitchen when dinner prep is usually very hectic.
If you are interested in doing more and would like to join my team, message me and we can talk or you can join directly from my site!