Even though it really hasn't felt like it, especially since its January.
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 7 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ cup dried Fideo noodles or other thin pasta like vermicelli, broken in pieces
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Place diced chicken in the Smart Steamer Base, taking care not to block all the holes.
- Place zucchini and carrots in the Colander Tray.
- Fill the Water Tray with 1¾ cups chicken broth.
- Place Steamer Base and Colander Tray over the Water Tray.
- Cover and microwave on high power for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a 6-Qt. pot over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the remainder of the broth, noodles, salt, pepper to the pot as well as the vegetables and chicken from the steamer.
- Add the steaming liquid from the Water Tray and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Thanks to the recipe gurus at Tupperware, this recipe is super easy using the wonderful products from Tupperware. Check them out on my Tupperware site.