_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: French Onion Soup

Sunday, December 6, 2015

French Onion Soup

I know for me, the winter cold calls to me for soup dinners.  
The warmth of the soup makes the insides warm and "comfy" so that deep down cold, that I always seem to have in winter, is gone at least for a little while.

I also like that this one is not loaded with heavy creams so that you can have a nice french baguette with melted cheese or butter without feeling too guilty about it.  Now there is nothing wrong with those creamy soups, I love those too, but some times you just need something lighter.  This one definitely fits the bill.

Ingredients
  • 4–6 small or medium onions, peeled
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 1 cup dry red wine
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped using Chop ’N Prep 
  • 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
  • ½ tsp. black pepper
  • 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
  • 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
Crostini
  • 1 baguette, cut into 8 slices
  • 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Instructions
  1. Set Mandoline round knob to #2, triangular knob to “lock” and select the straight v-shaped blade insert.
  2. Using food guider, slice onions.
  3. In 6-Qt. pot over medium heat, melt butter.
  4. Add onions to pot, stirring occasionally until softened and beginning to brown, 15–20 minutes.
  5. Once onions are browned and softened, add wine and garlic. Stir, scraping along the bottom of the pot to pick up any browned onion bits that have collected there.
  6. Add beef and chicken broth to pot.
  7. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20–30 minutes.

Crostini
  1. To create crostini while soup simmers, preheat oven to 400° F.
  2. Bake baguette slices 5 minutes. Flip, add cheese and bake 5 minutes more, until cheese has melted.
Serve soup topped with crostini.

Check out all these Tupperware products and so much more on my Tupperware Site.  Have a question?  Leave me a message/email and I will get back to you asap .. cause you know I love my Tupperware!

No comments: