I mean chocolate is perfect any time of year right?
- 14.3-oz. package chocolate sandwich cookies
- 8-oz. package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. vegetable shortening
- Place half of cookies in base of Power Chef™ System, fitted with blade attachment, cover and process until finely crumbled. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Place cream cheese in 1-Qt. Micro Pitcher and microwave on high power 20–30 seconds, or until very soft.
- Combine cookie crumbs and cream cheese in medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Fit Snack Press with rectangle nozzle and fill base with half the cookie mixture. Pack mixture by blocking nozzle attachment with scraper and pressing down gently with plunger.
- Remove scraper and press down evenly on the plunger to release mixture onto guide sheet. Remove plunger, add remaining mixture and press down with plunger again to form full lines of mixture on guide sheet.
- Using scraper, cut mixture along every other line on guide sheet to create square truffles.
- Remove from guide sheet and place on Silicone Wonder® Mat or cooling rack.
- Place chocolate chips in 1-Qt. Micro Pitcher and microwave at 50% power 1–2 minutes, stir.
- Add vegetable shortening to chocolate in Micro Pitcher and microwave at 50% power an additional 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is smooth and pourable.
- Spoon chocolate over truffles. If desired, cover the sides to completely coat. Enjoy immediately or chill and store in refrigerator.
As always, my Tupperware Site is always open, so you can shop in your PJs if you so desire. Hope you will check it out.