_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: It's National Tequila Day!

Friday, July 24, 2015

It's National Tequila Day!

I was reminded yesterday while I was at the dentist (pretty cool that they reminded me of this right?) that today is National Tequila Day!

So in honor of this day and watermelon (the summertime treat) I bring you .......

Ingredients:
2 teaspoons sugar
1 lime wedge
3 1/2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
1/2 cup tequila
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
Lime wedges or watermelon balls (optional)

Instructions:
Place 2 teaspoons sugar in a saucer. 

Rub the rims of 6 glasses with 1 lime wedge; 
spin rim of each glass in sugar to coat. 
Set prepared glasses aside.

Combine watermelon and next 4 ingredients (through Triple Sec) in a blender; process until smooth. 
Fill each prepared glass with 1/2 cup crushed ice. 
Add 1/2 cup margarita to each glass. 
Garnish with lime wedges or melon balls, if desired.

I found this recipe on myrecipes.com (which has some really interesting recipes for all kinds of things), that I think would be perfect for today as well as any Summertime get together!

The only thing I would change (and this is because I don't want to take an electric blender outside) is to use my Tupperware PowerChef or Quick Chef Pro to combine everything.  Both are so much easier to clean than the blender, require no electricity (great around a pool) and are a whole lot lighter, but are power horses, than that blender you probably have hidden in a cabinet or on a corner of your counter.

 Power Chef Premium System

Quick Chef Pro

Check out these Tupperware pieces on my Tupperware Site.  They are so versatile, so easy to use and clean, that you will be using them at least a few times a week - I know I do. I use them for chopping, for salsa, for mixing batters (yes the Power Chef can be used to mix cakes!) and now I will be using them to make things like the Watermelon Margarita! 

No comments: