This is another Weight Watcher's recipe that is perfect for many of the Tupperware products that I have or want to have.
- 2 cups uncooked penne (multigrain if possible)
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen meatless burgers (or lean ground beef)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (1 large tomato)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup (5 oz) 50% reduced fat extra sharp cheddar
- 6 TBSP chopped dill pickle (optional)
If using ground beef - microwave in Tupperware stack cooker on high.
Cook pasta in Tupperware Microwave Pasta Cooker.
Using the Tupperware Quick Chef Pro, chop onions, set aside. Then chop the tomato.
Shred cheddar using Tupperware Grate 'N Measure Grater. (also found in medium & complete pasta set)
Chop dill pickles in the Quick Chef Pro if using
In a large cast-iron or oven/broiler friendly pan, coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, saute the chopped onions 2 minutes. Stir in canned tomatoes, chopped tomato, and pepper. Add chopped burgers or crumbled ground beef to pan.
Stir tomato mixture and half the cheese into the pasta. Spoon the pasta mixture into a cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle remaining half of cheese on top. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top with chopped pickle if using.
Yields 6 servings - 1 1/2 cups each