_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Home Made Laundry and Dishwashing Soaps

Friday, July 1, 2011

Home Made Laundry and Dishwashing Soaps

I know I probably should have been doing something else, but while I was getting ready to do yet another load of laundry I started thinking about how much money I spend on detergent.  After I finished cringing (and putting the laundry that I just finished washing into the dryer) I thought about making my own detergent.

I know that a while back I had seen a post (yes I had been cruising around the blogisphere) and found a great site Tipnut has all kinds of DIY projects for you to do.  This is a fantastic site - you might want to nose around for a while - but beware - you could "lose time" as you peruse all the great idea ......... I know I did.

Anyway, I made Homemade Laundry Detergent - I made #4 because I just wanted to start with a powder, but there are liquid versions too.  The only "difference" was that I used 2 small bars of Ivory Soap instead of the Fels Naptha  (because I had that at home and didn't have the Fels Naptha)

Then because I was "on a roll" so to speak, I also made Homemade Dishwasher Detergent, but basically combined the 2 powdered versions - because I have exceptionally hard water, I was hoping that this would make things "cleaner".  I'll let you know when I finish the first load and then keep updating if things change.

No comments: