_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: My Fresh Diet Meals Feb 27th - March 4th

Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Fresh Diet Meals Feb 27th - March 4th

I have been crazy busy these last few weeks - and I know its like this every year at this time, but the first few weeks just take a toll of me, before I get into the groove of all work and no sleep.  Hopefully I will be hitting my stride really soon.  What has been nice is to see my little buddy from The Fresh Diet sitting outside my door waiting for me to "invite him in" each morning.

 tri-colored bell pepper and cheddar cheese egg bake with fresh pineapple.

 Whole Wheat Blueberry Waffles with cottage cheese and fresh blueberries.  So very good and surprisingly warmed up well in the toaster without getting overly "crunchy"

Hazelnut Espresso Whole Wheat Muffin with Fresh Honeydew and Raspberry Cottage Cheese.  Another one of the great muffins offered by The Fresh Diet Kitchens.
Exotic Mushroom and Feta Cheese Quiche with Fresh Pear.  I know the pear looks a little on the "brown" side but it really was good and the longest pears I have seen in a LONG time.  I'm really loving the egg bakes and quiches, they are a pretty filling way to start the day.

 Goat Cheese Salad with Kalamata Olives, Toasted Pine Nuts - a WINNER for sure.

 Mixed greens with pear and walnuts with a raspberry vinaigrette - very nice flavors together - even had to guard my plate against some of the "onlookers" in my office.

 Angus Beef Burger on Whole Wheat Bun with Tomato, lettuce and Dijonaise.  When I pulled this out of my bag, my officemates were so jealous.  They were even saying that they were craving a burger too - but somehow my burger looked and tasted better than some of those fast food burgers that are near the office.

Cajun Seared Tuna Salad with Baby Corn, Tomato, Baby Lettuce & Tart Cherry Vinaigrette.  I was very disappointed in this salad.  It was actually spinach not lettuce, and that was the bulk of the salad.  The tuna was overdone, no grill marks so I guess it was either baked or pan fried but way too long - it was whiter all the way through than the tuna you see in a tuna fish can.

Lean Turkey Meatballs with Fresh Marinara Sauce with Wild Rice & Cranberry PIlaf and Steamed Brocoflower.   I usually like the meatballs but these had a grainy texture was definitely NOT the norm, I'm just not sure if it was because it was turkey or the preparation.

 Grilled Chicken Breast with Red Wine & Shallot Reduction Sauce with Southwestern Orzo and Sesame Soy Sauteed Baby Bok Choy.   I will say I expected the Orzo to be a bit spicy since it was called Southwestern but it wasn't spicy at all - probably could have used a little bit of spice.  I've not had Bok Choy very often and I am finding that this is a new veggie to all to my list of learn how to cook.

 Roasted Pork Loin with Apricot Curry Sauce with Farro Grain Pilaf and Steamed Snow Peas.  I actually like Farro, which I've never had before TFD, but will have to look for it more often.  The Snow Peas were a little "stringy" but sweet.  I've had the pork loin a few times and have never been disappointed with it.

 Grilled chicken with honey glazed beets and farmers carrots.  Never had the beets sliced before, and to be honest, they tasted less fresh and more canned.  The carrots were a mixed lot, some were just fine and others were rather dry and looked "old".

Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna with Wild Rice and Cranberry Pilaf and Braised Belgian Endive.  This was not one of the better dinners I've had.  The tuna was very overcooked (and I barely warmed it)  and the Endive was very tart or sour or something.  I did enjoy the rice pilaf, so it wasn't a total washout.

 Sugar Free Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake.  This was the first time I'd had this, but I will be looking for this one again.  It had a really nice cinnamon flavor but so very moist.  Definitely did NOT taste Sugar Free.

 Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake - I'm not very good at "hiding" my feelings where Cheesecake is concerned.  This company makes the BEST cheesecake, and being able to have cheesecake anytime I want and still stay on a diet .... wow gold star for me!

 Mixed Berries and Pineapple with Strawberry Yogurt.  The fruit was very fresh and sweet, but the blackberries had some serious seeds that actually got stuck in my teeth (guess that means they really were fresh and not canned or something similar)  I will be adding this for a nice light snack in the middle of the day.

 Passion Fruit Cheese Cake.  Actually had a tart flavor that surprised me.  I think it was the passion fruit, but since this was the first time I have had it I can't be 100% sure. 

Cherry Maple Oatmeal Cookie was so very good.  It wasn't as soft as some of the other cookies but it was good.  The cherry and maple was a great flavor combination.  Some of the other oatmeal cookies have been soft and chewy but this was more crunchy.

I did have other meals, but for the life of me can't find the pictures I took but there were some meals that I didn't get pictures because I was so rushed.  That is another one of the benefits of The Fresh Diet - I am seriously short on time during tax season so in the past its been take out or fast food or no eating - now I'm eating great food and I don't have to fuss or prepare or even shop.  You really should check out The Fresh Diet.

And while you're checking things out ....... don't forget my Proactive Giveaway.  If you've ever wanted to try Proactive ....... here's your chance.

No comments: