_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Saturday's Fresh Diet Edition

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Saturday's Fresh Diet Edition

I just love opening my door to see my little buddy from The Fresh Diet sitting outside my kitchen door.  I just know that no matter what else happens .... at least my meals are taken care of.

Remember I'm still a day behind .... so This should have been my Friday but it's MY Saturday.


Breakfast was an Exotic Mushroom and Feta Cheese Quiche with Fresh Pear.  Now I love mushrooms of any kind so this was perfect for me.  If you don't like mushrooms at all or only a few at a time, this is NOT the meal for you.  As you can see the top of this Quiche was COVERED with mushroom pieces.  Was a very nice combination with the Feta.


Lunch was a Salmon Burger on Whole Wheat Bun with Yellow Tomato, Lettuce and Dill Aioli.  I had heard a few people on The Fresh Diet Facebook Page comment that this was too fishy tasting for them, so I was a little concerned when I popped this in the toaster oven.  I did wrap the burger only in aluminum foil so that it warmed up but didn't burn and kept turning it over until it seemed to be almost warmed through, then I put in the bun to warm/toast that up as well.  I have to say that I really enjoyed this burger - I didn't detect any fishy taste.  I have to admit though that I thought the Aioli needed something, so I added some garlic and more dill because I had both.  I will definitely have this one again.


My snack today was grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Cherry Tomato and Cocktail Sauce.  They say on the menu to heat this up for 30 - 45 seconds.  Being the rebel that I am (hehehe) I decided that I wanted this like a shrimp cocktail instead, so I had it "cold".  I did let it warm up a bit out of the refrig, but did not heat it.  I liked the "cold" shrimp with the slight grilled flavor.  Although I don't think these were really "jumbo" shrimp, this was a nice middle of the afternoon treat.


Dinner was Fillet of Salmon with Chili Pineapple Sauce with Spanish Style Brown Rice and Steamed Broccoli.  Yes this must have been "fish" day when I was selecting my meals.  Again this is suppose to be heated, but I only heated the rice and broccoli.  I ate the salmon like you get in the Salmon Salad, broken into pieces with the Brown Rice.  In doing that you got bits of hot and cool in the same mouthful which was very nice.  Maybe the next time I get this I will do the heat for 1 to 1.2 minutes like the instructions suggest - or not.  Depends on what kind of a rebel I want to be.


Dessert was Maple Baked Pear Filled with Mascapone Cheese and Crusted With Crunchy Oats.  Now this was a new item for me on the same order as the poached pear I have had before.  I did find that it was sweet, much sweeter than the poached pear.  I'm still not sure if it was too sweet for me or just so unexpected that my taste buds were confused.  I will more than likely try this again to check it out.

No comments: