_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet -Thursday edition

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Fresh Diet -Thursday edition

Note --- not sure what happened here ..... this has been sitting as a "draft" instead of posting on Friday.  Sorry but this was such a great meal selection I had to post it now (just a little late)


Because of the delivery problem on Monday, I'm still a day behind in my meals - this was what I had selected for Wednesday, but ate on Thursday.  Having a day "lag" did not hurt any of these entrees at all.


Breakfast was Sauteed Zucchini & Parmesan Cheese Egg Bake with Fresh Pineapple.  This was very interesting because it was so different than the other bakes I have had.  This was much "firmer" in the texture but still very good.  I think perhaps there was some of the Parmesan Cheese in the egg mixture with made it a little drier and firmer in texture but not "chewy" tasting.  I've never had zucchini as part of my breakfast before, but will definitely look for this one again - really hit the spot.

Lunch was Grilled Lamb Burger on Whole Wheat Bun with Yellow Tomato and Mint Aioli.  The only thing I can say about this one ....... OMG!  I do like lamb and have had it in many ways but never as a burger, so now I can say I've had it all!  This was so good, so juicy and not the least bit gamy or tough or "off" tasting.  The Aioli was out of this world - just a touch of mint so it wasn't overpowering.  You could still see some "pieces" of mint and the aioli was the lightest of green (mint green as they call some of those "paint" colors) and oh so good.  Oh yes this will definitely be an option for me!


My snack today was Sweet Potato Chips with Fresh Guacamole Dip.  I know I usually plate my meals, but this one I just ate out of the container.  I mean it was a snack afterall.  I should have stirred the Guac just a little before I took the picture - but I was stirring/dipping/folding with my chips so as I ate it everything was incorporated.  Now I'm not sure how Chef does this one - but it is nothing like what you find in the grocery store.  It was oh so nice with the sweet potato chips.  I may never go back to regular chips or scoops.


Dinner was Tender Beef Fillet with BBQ Bourbon Sauce with White Bean Puree and Sweet Baby Peas.  This was the biggest piece of beef I have had in a long time.  It was actually pretty thick, which is why I believe it was much rarer than I usually like.  But I put it into the toaster oven on broil for just a few minutes (yes I watched it like a hawk) and it was perfect.  Now even as rare as it was, it was still extremely tender.  I was surprised.  I could almost cut the meat with a butter knife!  I am also finding that there aren't too many veggies that I haven't tried before TFD that I don't like.  The White Bean Puree was really interesting.  It was almost like a mashed potato in consistency, but you could tell it was a bean.  The baby peas were really pretty sweet, which just made them all the better.


Dessert was Peach Cheesecake.  A wonderful benefit of The Fresh Diet ......... cheesecake!  This was so good - a nice hint of peach flavor without going overboard.

I really love this "diet".  I really have such a smile on my face as I type this because I'm telling you there is no way I would have thought any of this was remotely "diet food" but I know that I am losing weight but eating wonderful meals every day and NEVER feel deprived - never EVER.

No comments: