_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet Does Weekends!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Fresh Diet Does Weekends!

I'm not sure what I was thinking but I decided to order a meal for Sunday figuring that since it is delivered Friday night/Saturday morning I could use it between Saturday and Sunday because I had some running to do this weekend and wasn't sure what else would happen.  WELL I want to tell you that the weekend menu was out of this world!  By now you probably know that I have enjoyed most of my meals during the weeks I have been receiving them - but the weekend menu is a little different - but just as good!


Breakfast was a Breakfast Burrito with Scrambled Eggs, Sauteed Mushrooms, Pepper Jack Cheese on a Whole Wheat Tortilla.  This was really very good.  I did heat it a little in the microwave, and then decided I would like the tortilla to be a little more "crunchy" instead of "soft" so I stuck that baby in the toaster oven under broil and then watched it like a hawk, flipping it over when one side got a little light brown.  I will definitely get this again, but I think I will just heat it in the toaster oven and forgo the microwave.  Only because I didn't need the extra step.  It also made me realize that I was doing good when I would make something similar on Sundays before getting The Fresh Diet.

Lunch was a Grilled Turkey Burger on Whole Wheat Bun with Lettuce, Tomato and Dijonaise.  When my husband and daughter wanted hamburgers make that cheeseburgers for dinner Saturday night I thought I could "partake" too but with my turkey burger and I didn't have to do anything more than toast the bun and warm the burger.  I did warm the burger in the same pan as their burgers (I know that's cheating) but it did work out well.  And I did add some sauteed onions that I made for them ...... shhh don't tell Chef.  But I was surprised that I actually enjoyed this burger as much as I did.  Don't get me wrong, I really like Turkey, but ground turkey can be really "touchy" and sometimes very very dry.  This was rather good and not as dry as I expected.  I would definitely add this to my list of meals.


My snack was Sauteed Pineapple with Key Lime Yogurt Topped with Toasted Coconut Flakes.  This was a very light and satisfying snack for my mid day Saturday.  I bet it would go well for those who had a very early breakfast and a later lunch as a nice "bridge" to those meals.  None of it was overly sweet or overly tart (sometimes Key Lime Yogurt can be) which was great.  This was the first time I saw this option and am very glad I was able to try it.



Dinner was Cajun Rubbed Grilled Skirt Steak with Butternut Squash Puree and Roasted Fennel.  I want to tell you the Skirt Steak was the MOST TENDER of any meat I have EVER had!  And that includes some fancy smancy restaurants!  And the flavor was perfect.  I know I sound like a walking talking billboard - but I have to tell you this one blew me away.  I expected it to be ok (as most meals have been) but this was over the top.  If you can be a customer (you really need to check out TFD Facebook page) because you are a contest winner, random winner, a groupon purchaser or an astute customer ..... order this one, you will not be disappointed.  The Butternut Squash Puree was actually on the sweet side - but a nice complement.  I was not so thrilled with the Fennel but I've only had it well cooked before, so I am not sure if it was the roasting or the extra crunchiness that didn't appeal to me.  


Dessert was Sugar Free Dulce De Leche Sandwich Cookie.  Now my friend Donna B., who is a fixture on The Fresh Diet Facebook Page (and we love her there, always so very helpful) once said that she would marry this cookie if she could.  Well we all laughed and those of us that hadn't tried it before, thought maybe the cold was getting to her.  But now I have to say, since I've tried it - this cookie ROCKS!  It is sweet, much more than the other cookies I've had from them, but was perfect with a cup of coffee at the end of the day.  Unfortunately it isn't offered often and I believe only on the weekend - but I will definitely be looking for this one again.  Yes it was THAT GOOD.

So tell me, do you like my new plates?  I not only wanted to add some color to my food but also to my plates, you know what they say about eating with your eyes first, right?  So I went looking for individual plates that would add that color to my presentation.  I think I have managed to do that.  Now I will still use my "old" plates as well, but day in day out white on white got / gets boring.  And my meals are anything but boring!  So tell me .... Is there one that you like above the rest?

Oh and it is "official" I am down 12 pounds since starting The Fresh Diet back in October.  I've gone through weeks without these great meals, Thanksgiving and Christmas "food fests", New Years celebration and a week on Marco Island where we ate out most of the time (or at whatever we could grab and make quickly) while getting the condo ready ..... and the scale still showed 12.2 pounds gone this morning.  SO ... this is my proof that it works - what are you waiting for ??  Why aren't you trying The Fresh Diet?

No comments: