_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Wednesday December 1st

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Wednesday December 1st

Holy crow can you believe it is December already?  Where did November go?  Oh where did the year go?  I feel like the year just flew by and I had so many things happen this past year.  Jenn completed her basics at college, set her degree path, Dan graduated from the Fire Academy and is working in Virginia, I won a few weeks of The Fresh Diet meals, we bought a condo in Florida after looking while on vacation over the summer, and birthdays and holidays and just being together as a family.  Wow very busy year!

This morning my little buddy was waiting for me when I came down to make the coffee and get the day going.  I am really very thankful that I have this time to get my diet under control and moving in the right direction before tax season begins.  I don't want to find that meals and my diet are again out of control because of that stress.

Breakfast was Yellow Squash & Parmesan Cheese Quiche with Fresh Watermelon.  I have to say that I really like the quiche that The Fresh Diet provides.  This one didn't have as prominent a cheese taste like some of the others I've had, but that is because it is Parmesan not a cheddar.  It really had a nice flavor to it, partly because the squash wasn't huge pieces so it was able to be tasted through out.  If you like eggs in the morning (because what is a quiche but eggs?) this is a nice light flavored breakfast.

Lunch was one of my favorites.  Fresh Salmon Salad with Green & Red Tomato, European Cucumber, Baby Lettuce & citrus Ponzu Dressing.  No green tomato but hey I had quite a few grape tomatoes in the container and I do like those.  I should have taken a picture of the Salmon before I cut it into pieces ....... it really is a pretty big piece of Salmon that goes in this salad.  I was able to slice it into "chunks", which didn't fall apart into a mush, so that a good bit of my fork fulls had a piece of salmon in it.  Yes again this is a dinner plate that I have used to plate this.  It is not quite as "overflowing" as some of the others have been, but it was a very satisfying lunch.  I will always get this when it is offered.

Snack today was Sweet Potato Chips with Fresh Guacamole Dip.  This was really very very tasty.  I chose it only because it was something I had never had before - not because I was dying to try it.  It was a very pleasant surprise.  The Sweet Potato Chips had a sweet taste that I really enjoyed, especially since I don't think I have ever had sweet potato chips - I've had fries and those are good but totally different.  These had an even sweeter taste that went really well with the guacamole.  I would definitely recommend this to anyone.  If you are already experiencing The Fresh Diet, and haven't had this - put it on your list of "lets try".  I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Dinner was Basil Pesto Sole Roulade with White Bean Puree and Sweet Baby Peas.  As you may have noticed, I have gotten many dishes in the "fish family" while trying The Fresh Diet.  I never cook fish at home, since my family aren't fish eaters, and we rarely go places where you can get good fish, so I took the opportunity to try different meals here.  I have to say I was a little wary when I saw this dish.  Sole can dry out very quickly because it is a thin white fish.  Well this was so moist and tender.  It was perfectly prepared (not a bone in sight or in my mouth as would be the norm) even after warming in the microwave.  I don't know how they do it but it was wonderful.  The bean puree was interesting in texture and the baby peas were so sweet, they reminded me of fresh from the garden, first of spring peas.  This was definitely a winner meal.  If you can get this dish you will not be disappointed.

Dessert was a Lemon Zest Tea Cookie.  I have not had many cookies while I have been "taste testing" in the past, usually it was cheesecake - still have trouble believing you can have cheesecake on a diet, but you can with The Fresh Diet - but this was really very good.  I would definitely get this again to have with a cup of coffee or tea in the evening when you want something but you just don't know what.  Very light but moist and chewy.

If you think you would like to try your own meals from The Fresh Diet, call 866-FRESH 50 (866-373-7450) and tell them Kathie from Inspiration Can be Found EVERYWHERE sent you. 

Also make sure you check out The Fresh Diet Facebook Page, they are always having contests for free weeks and month of meals that are fun to do and random giveaways of 3 days worth of meals delivered to your door.  You can't go wrong with a win!  just like you can't go wrong with The Fresh Diet!

Don't miss out on my latest giveaway - it is a great prize that will help with your holiday gifts (or give yourself a gift).  Just make sure you get there before Dec 6th!

No comments: