_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Friday Edition

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Friday Edition

So many wonderful things have been happening lately.  Some have been testing my resolve and stress levels and other things have just been helping to mellow me out.

The Fresh Diet has to be one of those things that has been helping to mellow me out and lower my stress levels tremendously.  I am just about a week away from closing on a condo that will be wonderful once it is done - but it has been a whirlwind of activity getting everything done.  The Fresh Diet has made meal prep, at least for my meals, non-existent.  They have taken care of EVERYTHING except the selection (because I actually get to chose between 4 entrées per meal every day) and the plating.  Now I could eat my meals out of the plastic containers that they come in - but I have found that I enjoy my meals much more when I take the time to make everything look like home.

Friday morning was no exception.  I came down to make the coffee and pick up my Fresh Diet bag.  Today's bag was yet another color - black!  I thought I had seen them all (that is until they announced a new bag in the works) but this one was another member of the bag family.

Breakfast this morning was a Country Ham and Cheddar Cheese Omelet with Roasted Tri-Color Bell Pepper.  This was a really good choice.  The ham was not overly salty as country ham can be and the cheese was a nice complement.  The bell pepper had a sweet taste which was nice.  I think it had to be the roasting process that did it - but I've not had the pleasure of this before.

Lunch was a Grilled Steak Salad with Romaine Lettuce, Tomato, Red Onion & Horseradish Dressing.   As is the norm with their salads, it is HUGE and very filling.  Now I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered this - you see when I was younger I was called "the surgeon" because I would cut any fat or remotely looking fat away from my food, and usually there is some fat on/in good meat - its called marbling that is "prized" in good meat.  When I opened this salad and started putting it on the plate - I removed the steak slices to "inspect".  I know - get real.  The only thing that I did was cut the pieces into bite sized pieces, although you could have just left them as is.  The steak was really good - added to the "chew" factor of the salad but by no means tough or chewy.  I really enjoyed this salad.  The only thing I would have done was add a little more horseradish to the dressing.  Maybe its my Polish roots .... but that was the only thing this needed - a little more horseradish bite.

My snack for the day was a Peanut Butter Chip Cheesecake.  I have to say that it just seemed so decadent to be sitting there with a slice of Cheesecake and a cup of coffee at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.  But it was totally LEGAL!!  What more can I say.

Dinner was Chicken Cordon Blue with Ham and Swiss Cheese with Nine Grain Pilaf and Sauteed Spinach.  I have had this before from The Fresh Diet kitchen and have to say it is just as good as the first time.  I don't get to have Spinach very often at home (my non-veggie eaters won't even touch a spoonful if I make it) so this is a real treat.  I'm not sure if it is because we've been "cutting down" on salt or if someone got a little heavy handed with the salt today, but even Jenn thought the Pilaf was a little salty.  Yes, my skinny minny daughter had to taste.  I'm afraid that one of these days she is going to decide that she too should be eating my meals and want to "share" even more.

Dessert was a Chocolate Pudding Topped with Toasted Almonds.  Again I have had this one before, but thought I needed something "light" for dessert when I was selecting my meals.  It really is perfect.  Just the right amount of chocolate with the almonds.  Sometimes when you have "diet" meals there is this aftertaste, especially with chocolates, that is missing from this dessert.  I'm not sure if its because diet pudding is usually made with skim milk and "artificial" chocolates or what, but not the Fresh Diet pudding.  It really does taste like "regular" chocolate pudding with a little extra crunch.   

See it comes in one of those containers that are large enough for you to eat out of if you chose to - but like I said before, having it out of "real" plates makes it so much nicer, at least to me.  And then I don't feel like I'm eating differently than the normal" people in my house.  But if "normal" people around here were eating The Fresh Diet way .... they might be much happier on a regular basis because THEY get to choose what they eat and not me.

Now you really really need to get over to  The Fresh Diet on Facebook if you haven't already been there.  You NEED to click the "like" button and you MUST come back often.  They are constantly giving away prizes to their fans.  You could be a random winner of 3 days of meals - just because.  You could win one of their contests and get 7 days of meals or be a "big" winner of 31 days - that's right a MONTH of free meals.  Just yesterday I won a JUST BECAUSE free week of meals.  Mr Jim and the entire Fresh Diet team are just so awesome!  This company has to be the MOST GENEROUS company I have seen in a very long time.

What are you waiting for --- get over to  The Fresh Diet on Facebook  and click that "like" button.  Who knows you too could be sampling the meals of The Fresh Diet!  If they ask (cause sometimes they do) how you found The Fresh Diet - make sure you tell them Kat from Inspiration Can be Found EVERYWHERE sent you.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I am actually about to drool!

xoxo