_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: The Fresh Diet - Day 3

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Fresh Diet - Day 3

Today was another day of great meals from The Fresh Diet.

I really can't believe that this is diet food - the creativity and "spot on" execution is great - and the food really is good!  If everyone had diet food this good - we would all be on a diet for the rest of our lives and LOVING it!  But then I guess that is why so many continued receiving The Fresh Diet after they had met whatever goal they had set.  No shopping, no cooking, no clean up (well not really) and great fresh food delivered to your door every day!

I was a little concerned last night (or should I say early this morning) when I woke up at 1:30AM and remembered I forgot to leave my empty cooler bag out by the screen door.  I thought oh no, what if he already came?  But I needn't have worried.  Again this morning I was greeted by my green buddy sitting outside my kitchen door waiting for me to get up.  I was so glad to see him sitting there.  I guess it sounds a little silly, but I've become very attached to my new little friend.



Breakfast was a Whole Wheat Blueberry Waffle with
Strawberries and Blueberry Vanilla Ricotta Cheese.
I have always been wary of heating "bread type" products in the microwave, but my friend Donna told me to put it in the toaster oven instead of microwaving, so it won't get soggy.  She was so right.  I popped the waffle in the toaster oven on bake, turning it once to make sure both sides were warm and "toasty" before plating.  The Blueberry Vanilla Ricotta was wonderful!  Sometimes Ricotta can be grainy - but this was perfect.  It wasn't "silky smooth" but it wasn't so grainy that you missed the flavors.  And of course a nice big mug of coffee.  I just can't give that one up - the day just doesn't start well without it.


Lunch was a Fresh Salmon Salad with Green & Red Tomatoes, European Cucumber, baby lettuce with a Citrus Ponzu Dressing.  This salad is HUGE!  It was so big that I had to put it on an oversized DINNER plate, just so I could put it all out.  The salmon was much larger than I expected but was oh so good.  I think if my daughter had been feeling better, I may have had to fight her for my lunch.  She has only had salmon one other time that I can think of, and she wasn't thrilled with it, but she took a little piece and said that it was so much better than the "stuff" she had at Pegasus @ the Meadowlands.

My Hors D'Oeuvre today was a Mushroom Crown (even though it says Crowns) Filled with Cajun Pork.  Now to be fair it was much larger than the mushroom caps I had the other day.  It was sitting on a bed of spinach.  It really did have a good taste to it, but I think I liked Monday's better.

 Dinner was Tender Beef Fillet with BBQ Bourbon Sauce with Red Bell Pepper Orzo and Steamed Broccoli Rapini.  Another friend from TFD facebook page, Carol, suggested when heating the protein, to wrap in wax paper and heat separately, then the sides, so that it won't dry out but will be heated all the way through.  Well she was very right.  I did as she suggested, and my dinner was the perfect temperature all the way through.

Now IF you don't like things that are spicy, this is not the meal for you.  I'm not sure if it was the BBQ sauce or the Orzo but it had a spicy bite.  I think that  the Orzo that had Red Pepper Flakes not Red Bell Peppers in it, so that would account for the spice - but I enjoyed it.  The beef was so tender and tasty and had some very pretty grill marks that you couldn't miss.  The only part of the meal I didn't like was the Broccoli Rapini.  To me it was very bitter - I did try to eat it but decided that I would pass on the Broccoli this time.

Dessert is Peach Cheese Cake, yes it is the third day for Cheese Cake.  The picture isn't very pretty, sorry - but see that margarita glass?  I was going to use that as my "dish" but before I could take the picture ..... it broke down into the center "dip".  Now I couldn't take a picture that way, so I improvised.  Hence the Margarita glass in the picture - no I didn't plan on having a Margarita with dessert - but it might have been nice with dinner.


I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed eating these meals.  But you must excuse me now, my cheese cake is calling my name, and as a good host, I don't want to make my guest wait.

Make sure you check out days one and two if you haven't already.  Every day is different and I LOVE IT.  You will too.

Stay tuned for Day 4 in this incredible journey through The Fresh Diet Meals.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I don't even get hungry anymore & this stuff is making me drool!

I'm so happy you won!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

And these pictures don't do the food justice. These are THE BEST 1200 - 1400 calories I've ever eaten.

I really have to find a way to do this again - I absolutely LOVE this food. And I'm finding that I am not hungry in between like I was when I was doing NS.