_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Life's Little Lessons

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life's Little Lessons

I was going through my bookshelf looking for the discs for my laptop to finish installing everything that needs to be reinstalled here and found this cute little book my sister gave me years ago called "Life's Little Instruction Book". I've decided that I will share a few "instructions" weekly so that perhaps it will "sink in" my brain so that when my daughter needs some pithy comment - I can give her one of these and then she can pass them on to her children .... when she has some in the future (hopefully many years from now)

My "comments" on each of the blue numbered lessons are below that lesson.

1) Compliment 3 people every day.
Sometimes people don't know they are appreciated until you compliment them and it makes them shine.

2) Have a dog (or a cat).
Pets really do know what we are feeling - even if we don't always know. And when you are sad they really do try to make you feel better.

3) Watch a sunrise at least once a year.
Come on you can stay up or get up before the sun comes up - you're not that old!

4) Remember other people's birthdays.
Like a compliment, just acknowledging someone's birthday makes them feel special at least once a year.

5) Overtip breakfast waitresses.
These people are one of the hardest working - at work before the sun, always has a smile, always there with the coffee or tea to help you wake and lets face it breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

No comments: