_bbR3iY5lLSjzaZNziPYc6VX6tk Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE!: Must really be spring .......

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Must really be spring .......

Here is a picture of the herb garden I am attempting this year. The big pot has basil, rosemary, oregano and french tarragon. The "baby" pot has catnip for my "baby".

This morning while I was waiting for the windshield repair guy to come fix the glass (gotta love stones on the highway) I planted a new azalea from Mother's Day and did a little pruning around the gardens in the front on the house.

In my front garden to the left of my front door is the rhododendron that is just about to pop and a few smaller azaleas (you can see the light pink one in the left corner.

Directly in front of my steps (ok off to the left and right but really close to right in front) are deep, bright pink azaleas that were planted when my father in law was born - so Spring of 1931! The one on the left is very large and FULL of exploding buds/flowers. The one on the right (which was overshadowed by a huge spruce tree that had to be removed last fall) is much smaller and less FULL, but again mainly because of the old tree. A few years ago some snow came off the tree into the middle of the azalea - although it didn't kill the bush - it did some "serious" damage. I was able to keep it alive and hopefully one day get "back on par" with the other . I just wish they were a little farther apart - and therefore you don't have to "duck under" to go out to the mailbox ...... One day I'll figure something out to open that walkway up - hecks its only been 28 years now.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What vibrant colors. Good luck with your herb garden(s)!

lynette355 said...

Oh my, those are all so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Glad that I found you.